Congratulations to some of our select clients on the recent research publications! These papers come amid the recent global scandal of two of the world’s leading medical journals, NEJM and Lancet, retracting two COVID-related studies. During the global COVID-19 pandemic, fast and reliable research is desperately needed to save lives; yet can the world trust us and our fellow scientists to do good science? AI like traditional statistics and science more generally are simply neutral tools–without good ethics how can we do good science?
- Rasavi, A.C. (co-first authors), Monlezun, D.J. (co-first authors), Sapin, A., Stauber, Z., Schradle, K., Schlag, E., Dyer, A., Gagen, B., Go, Al, Sarris, L., Harlan, T. S. Multisite culinary medicine curriculum associates with cardioprotective dietary patterns and lifestyle medicine competencies among medical trainees. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. 2020, Mar;14(2):225-233.
- Stone, D., (co-first authors), Monlezun, D.J. (co-first authors), Stone, J. (co-first authors), Naqvi, H., Jagolino, A., Fuentes, F. Cardiac thrombus does not increase post-alteplase microbembolic events: Machine learning and propensity score augmented cohort analysis of 434 ischemic stroke patients with Bayesian simulated analysis of 100,000 patients. American Journal of Biomedical Science & Research. 2020, Mar:doi:10.34297/AJBSR.2020.08.001266.
- Patnaik, A., Tran, J., McWhorter, J.W., Burks, H., Ngo, A., Mody, A., Moore, L., Hoelscher, D.M., Dyer, A., Sarris, L., Harlan, T.S., Chassay, C.M., Monlezun, D.J. Regional variations in medical trainee diet and nutrition counseling competencies: Machine learning-augmented propensity score analysis of a prospective multi-site cohort study. Advances in Health Sciences Education. 2020, May:doi:10.1007/s40670-020-00973-6.
- (Invited) Garstka, M.E. (co-first authors), Monlezun, D.J. (co-first authors), Kandil, E. Does distance to treatment affect mortality rate for surgical oncology patients? Machine learning and Bayesian regression-augmented case-control nationally representative analysis of 1,424,482 patients. The American Surgeon. 2020, Jun. In press.
- Rasavi, A.C. (co-first authors), Monlezun, D.J. (co-first authors), Sapin, A., Stauber, Z., Schradle, K., Schlag, E., Dyer, A., Gagen, B., Go, Al, Sarris, L., Harlan, T. S. Effect of culinary education curriculum on Mediterranean diet adherence and food cost savings in families: A randomized controlled trial. Public Health Nutrition. 2020, Jun: In press.
GSAS Chief Data Scientist Dominique Monlezun, MD, PhD, PhD, MPH is AI+MD: our voice advocating for patients through ethical and effective AI, from the world’s first doctoral-level physician-data scientist and ethicist. Dr. Monlezun regularly breaks down the latest AI advances and their ethical aspects to ensure scientists, health professionals, policy makers, and politicians can unite to protect patients and vulnerable patient populations.